I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Monday, November 1, 2010

November is the Vegan Month of Food - or Vegan MoFo...


...and I'm definitely participating - that'll kick this project into high gear too - on the menu tonight is:

ÉPINARDS BLANCHIS [Blanched, Chopped Spinach - Preliminary Cooking]

...followed very quickly by PURÉE D'ÉPINARDS SIMPLE [Cooked Chopped Spinach - Purée of Spinach]

...and that is followed by Épinards Étuvés au Buerre [Spinach Braised in Butter - Buttered Spinach]

I'm not exactly sure why Julia separated these steps in three - but there is a note about frozen spinach in the second one - so that may be it - I'm sure I'll be using her tips for frozen spinach later in the winter as fresh will not be available here...

2 comments: