I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Monday, October 17, 2011

Vegan Sole à la Normande

[Tofu Fish Filets with Shellfish and Mushrooms]


...this is the first variation on the SOLE À LA DIEPOISE...

...this is exactly the same recipe with the addition of mushrooms...sauté like the Vegan Champignons Sautés à la Bordelaise...

...and add them to the garniture with the vegan shrimp...and then add some little triangles of Vegan Croutons...Julia also adds oysters...but I've already got the vegi scallops standing in for the shellfish...I guess I could just add more of them...

...this recipe was better than the SOLE À LA DIEPOISE...the addition of the mushrooms and the crunchy croutons was just better...

Substitutions:
Earth Balance for Butter
Soymilk for the milk
Cedar Lake Vegi-Scallops for the shellfish
Vegan shrimp for the shrimp

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

pp. 215

1 comment:

  1. How is that vegan shrimp? I have seen it around and I've been scared to try it.

    ReplyDelete