I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Monday, October 31, 2011

Vegan Deglazing Sauce with Truffles


...another recipe without a French Title...these are just variations of VEGAN SUPRÊMES DE VOLAILLE À BRUN...so start by browning some tofu in some Earth Balance and oil...

...then when that's done...chop up some truffles...

...Julia says to use canned truffles with their juices...

...add those to your wine and shallots from the Vegan Brown Deglazing Sauce with Wine recipe...

...I added the juice from the jar as well...then boil down until liquid is syrupy...

...and pour over your sautéed tofu suprêmes...

...the wine colours the shallots purple...so this is quite a colourful dish...

...I'm loving these easy variations on the basic sautéed suprêmes...so quick and tasty...

Substitutions: Earth Balance for Butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 271

2 comments:

  1. I have never purchased truffles, but I've loved them the few times I have had them. This looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete