I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Vegan Canapés aux Épinards

[Spinach and Cheese Canapés]


...Julia suggests serving these hot as a first course...not that we really have 'courses' around here...but we did munch on these little treats before supper...Julia also says you can cut the triangles in half again and make little cocktail appetizers...I think that would be great...I'm planning on making them again to take to a little Halloween gathering...and I think I'll make the smaller version...

...Melt some Earth Balance...

...and cut the crusts off some white bread...and sauté in some Earth Balance...until lightly browned...

...top the triangles with some braised spinach, bread crumbs and vegan cheese...

...sprinkle tops with melted Earth Balance and run under a moderately hot broiler until browned and heated through...

...these were so very good...I bet even people who say they don't like spinach would like them...because they're so cheesy and crsip...

Substitutions:
Earth Balance for Butter
Daiya Mozzarella for the Swiss Cheese

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 472

No comments:

Post a Comment