I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

VEGAN BEURRE NOIR - BEURRE NOISETTE

[Brown Butter Sauce]



...this recipe is the sauce for the VEGAN SUPRÊMES DE VOLAILLE À BRUN...

...Julia gives two options for the sauce...one is to make the sauce in the pan immediately after sautéing the tofu...this is what we did...but she says you can also make the sauce in advance...either way...you add a lot of Earth Balance to the pan...this way there was already some butter and oil left over from sautéing the tofu...

...you let that get a nutty brown colour...then add some parsley...

...and then add some acid...lemon juice (which is what we used) or vinegar or capers...

...rapidly boil that down to reduce the acidity...

...then serve at once...

...needless to say this was a good and very buttery sauce...I'll post the recipe for the SUPRÊMES DE VOLAILLE À BRUN tomorrow...

Substitutions: Earth Balance for Butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

pp. 98-99

2 comments:

  1. I was *just* wondering today if I could brown earth balance like I used to brown real butter. Now I know the answer! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was *just* wondering today if I could brown earth balance like I used to brown real butter. Now I know the answer! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete