I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vegan Poireaux Gratinés au Fromage

[Leeks Browned with Cheese]


...first you'll need to braise some leeks POIREAUX BRAISÉS AU BEURRE...

...mix some breadcrumb with some vegan cheese...I used Daiya Mozzarella...

...and Vegan parmasan...

...after the leeks have browned slightly...sprinkle them with the breadcrumb and cheese mixture...

...pour over the melted Earth Balance...

...run under the broiler for a few minutes...

...these were delicious...just a perfect autumn side dish...

Substitutions: Earth Balance for Butter
Vegan Cheese for the cheese

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 496

2 comments:

  1. This looks great. What a good idea. BTW I nominated you fora Liebster Award. Check it out http://www.omgoshimvegan.com/2011/10/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html

    ReplyDelete