I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Vegan Brown Deglazing Sauce with Wine


...for some reason this recipe doesn't have a French title...it's just a variation on the VEGAN SUPRÊMES DE VOLAILLE À BRUN...

...so after removing the sautéed suprêmes from the pan...you stir in some minced onions...

...then some stock...I used Washington's Rich Brown Seasoning and Broth...

...and some wine...

...boil down rapidly over high heat...until liquid is reduced and kind of syrupy...

...pour it over the suprêmes...

...and serve...

...this variation was very good...I think I prefered the buttery SUPRÊMES DE VOLAILLE À BRUN...but a reduced wine sauce is very nice and rich...

Substitutions:
Earth Balance for Butter
Vegan broth for the stock
and the other substitutions from the VEGAN SUPRÊMES DE VOLAILLE À BRUN

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 271

No comments:

Post a Comment