I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Vegan Petits Pois aux Oignons

[Buttered Peas with Onions]



This is really just the Petits Pois Étuvés au Beurre with the addition of some onions...I'm surprised that it has its own recipe...

...little white pearl onions would probably have been prettier but I didn't have any...Julia says you can use shallots or some minced green onions...

...this was pretty, easy and very tasty...

...Julia says that end of season peas (and these definitely are end of season)...'remain green...though they will look a bit wrinkled...'

...I'll be posting some more interesting things soon...I just need to use up all my fresh garden produce first...

Substitutions: Earth Balance for Butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 464

1 comment: