I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Friday, November 12, 2010

Vegan Canapés - Croutons

[Plain or Sautéed Bread Rounds]


Julia says that plain, sliced white bread works perfectly well for canapés when cut into triangles or rounds...

...the spinach with ham recipe calls for croutons - and in case you didn't know - apparently they are canapés when they are toasted in an oven with a topping and croutons when they are triangular, sautéed and garnish an entrée...funny...

...so I cut and sautéed some little triangles of white bread to go with the spinach and ham...

Substitutions: Earth Balance for Butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 199-200

No comments:

Post a Comment