I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

VEGAN PURÉE D'ÉPINARDS SIMPLE

[Cooked Chopped Spinach - Purée of Spinach]

Following the Blanched Spinach recipe - there's a very short recipe which Julia says prepares the spinach for further cooking in any of the following recipes...

...all of the 40 or so of Julia's recipes that I've veganized so far have used relatively ample amounts of time and for someone (me) who's used to the five minute microwave variety of spinach - three pages of recipes and 10s of steps to get buttered spinach might seem a little excessive...but I've also learned that copious amounts of time in the kitchen with Julia have invariably given me delicious results...so on to the intermediary step of spinach cooking...


...melt a couple of Tablespoons of Earth Balance in a pan...

...when that's bubbly - add your spinach...

...cook for a couple of minutes to boil off all of the moisture...

...Julia says that when the spinach begins to adhere to the pan - you're done...

...and that's all for this center step...

Substitutions: Earth Balance for Butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 469

No comments:

Post a Comment