I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Monday, November 8, 2010

VEGAN L'OMELETTE ROULÉE

[Rolled Omelette]


...Sunday mornings around here are usually pretty hectic with last minute preparations for Church and often breakfast is a banana or some toast...so when we get home in the afternoon - we sometimes like to do a 'Brunch for Lunch' sort of thing...

...and after my initial success with the L'OMELETTE BROUILLÉE...we decided to have omelettes for lunch and I mixed up the vegan egg omelette again...

...this time I'd be trying my hand (literally) at a rolled omelette - Julia actually makes the whole omelette thing sound pretty scary in her descriptions and as I don't have an omelette pan - I had to adapt my techniqe somewhat...

...I started by pouring the 'egg' mixture into the center of the pan (my Cuisinart Non-Stick pan)...and letting it set a little bit...

...Julia says that the rolled omelette is the most fun to make...and she describes tilting and jerking the pan to get the omelette to roll over on itself...but I just used a spatula to roll my omelette...

...it rolled up nice and pretty...

....the Man even said that it looked just like a 'real omelette' HA...

Substitutions:
Earth Balance for Butter
Vegan Egg Omelette Mixture for eggs

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

pp. 132-135

1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to try making vegan omelettes. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete