I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vegan Épinards Étuvés au Buerre

[Spinach Braised in Butter - Buttered Spinach]

...and now on to actual recipe - the one that will be served...it is interesting to note that all of the spinach recipes assume that the previous two steps are already done...


...you'll need some more butter (Earth Balance here)...

...add your previously prepared spinach...

...cover and cook slowly for 10 - 15 minutes - Julia's cooking times for vegetables always seen extreme to me...

...but so far the results have been very good - so I set the timer for 10 minutes...

...remove from the heat to a hot serving dish (after stirring in a little more Earth Balance)...

...This was truly lovely - it just melts in your mouth...

Substitutions: Earth Balance for Butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 470

No comments:

Post a Comment