I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Vegan Soufflé Praliné - Vegan Souffle aux Macarons

[Vegan Soufflé with Caramelized Almonds]

...you'll use the master recipe for the VEGAN SOUFFLÉ À LA VANILLE again for the Soufflé portion...
...and then you'll also need the Pralin - [Caramelized Almonds] for the topping...so make a caramel...
...and roughly chop some almonds...or not...if you prefer them whole...if I were making a big soufflé, I might leave them whole...but thought chopped would look better in the small ramkins...
...let it cool...
...and harden...and then I chopped it again...as I thought it was still too big...
...and it turned out really good...this may be my favorite soufflé so far...I loved the crunch and the sweet caramel flavor this added...

Substitutions

Almond milk for the milk...
Vegan Egg for the egg yolk
Aqua Faba for the egg white


Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking pp. 617-618

1 comment:

  1. That's cool looking! A lot of trouble though!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete