I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Pralin

[Caramelized Almonds] ...this recipe is already vegan...and Julia says that it's 'quickly made and can be stored for weeks'...
...toast some almonds...
...then boil some sugar and water until it begins to caramelize...
...add the toasted almonds...
...turn out onto a greased marble slab...I don't have a marble slab...so used my pyrex cutting board...
...when cooled and hardened...break apart and pulverize...I used my old coffee grinder for that...

...this is sweet and tasty...just like you'd expect almonds and sugar to be...

Substitutions:

NONE...already vegan...just almonds and sugar...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 583)

No comments:

Post a Comment