I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Vegan Soufflé aux Amandes

[Vegan Almond Soufflé]

...Julia says that "almonds may be added to any souffle, and are especially good with coffee, orange, or chocolate, as well as with vanilla"....and so I thought they'd go best with the vanilla...so I made the master recipe VEGAN SOUFFLÉ À LA VANILLE...just using a bit less sugar...as we've already determined that all of Julia's soufflés are too sweet for us...
...first of all blanch and peel some almonds...
...you don't really have to peel them if you don't want to...as the toasting makes them sort of brownish anyway...so they don't need to be pure white...
...then pulverize them in a food processor...and toast them...
...add some almond extract...
...and the toasted pulverized almonds to the VEGAN SOUFFLÉ À LA VANILLE...before you add the whipped aqua faba...
...not at all difficult to make...and I liked the almond flavor...but I didn't care for the 'texture' of the almonds in the soufflé...I guess when I bite into a soufflé...I'm expecting a rich pouffy creaminess...and this soufflé is a bit gritty...

Substitutions

Almond milk for the milk...
Vegan Egg for the egg yolk
Aqua Faba for the egg white

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 618

3 comments:

  1. That looks yummy. I'm a big almond fan. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder whether this could be made with almond flour. It's becoming much easier to find and might make for a less gritty souffle'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nonna,
      ...that's a good idea...I also save the leftover almond pulp from making almond milk and it's really fine...I often use it to make vegan cultured cream cheese...maybe I could toast some of that...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete