I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Vegan Sauce Alsacienne - Vegan Sauce de Sorges

[Vegan Herbal Mayonnaise Made with Soft-boiled Eggs]

Julia says this recipe is "For: hot boiled beef, chicken, or fish"
...so we'll start by making our vegan eggs...separately...because you'll use the yolks for the mayonnaise...and then the soft whites later...I used Sam's Vegan Egg Yolk recipe again...

...I used this:
Super Easy Small Batch Vegan Mayo

1/4 cup neutral oil
1/4 cup of the Egg Dipping Sauce - vegan yolk
1/4 cup vegan milk
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
scant pinch of mustard
salt to taste...I used about 1/4 teaspoon for this small batch...

...but if you want to go all out Julia...this is the link to her Vegan Mayonnaise recipe...
...then I made the whites...and since Julia says they should be barely set...I only used one teaspoon of Agar Agar...recipe here...from my Vegan Deviled Eggs...
...filled up my little egg shaped cups...
...and let them set up...
...then sliced them this way and that with my little egg slicer thingy...
...finely chopped up some green onion, parsley and capers...(my parsley was frozen)...
...added some vegan cream to the vegan mayonnaise, herbs, and chopped vegan egg whites...
...it makes a pretty green-ish chunky sauce...
...we had ours over baked tofu...but you could put it over anything...or use it for a sandwich...
...it was good and creamy...
...and a nice cool, herby topping for the tofu...

Substitutions: Vegan cream for the cream - I used homemade almond cream
Vegan mayonnaise for the mayonnaise
Vegan eggs for both the yolk and the white...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 93-94)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, not something I would ever think of as a "meat topping". Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of work! But sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete