I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Vegan Soufflé à l’ Orange

[Vegan Orange Soufflé with Cointreau, Curasao, Grand Marnier, Etc.]

...there are lots of variations for the Vanilla Soufflé...so go to the basic recipe for VEGAN SOUFFLÉ À LA VANILLE
...and the only thing you really do differently is rub some sugar cubes on an orange and crush them and add them to the pudding...and add some orange flavoring...I didn't actually have any orange flavored liqueur...but I did have some orange extract flavoring so I used that...but be careful if you go that route because you don't need very much...I found this online when I searched for the substitute rule...

One tsp. orange extract is equal to one tbsp. orange liqueur [like Grand Marnier]. Extracts, whether vanilla, lemon, almond or another flavor, are made by mixing a concentrated flavor with alcohol.(allspiceonline)...but I thought even that was too much...so just be careful if you sub extract for liqueur...Julia calls for 2-3 Tablespoons of liqueur...and I think 1/2 teaspoon of the extract is plenty...
...and then just follow the the rest of the recipe for the Soufflé...we thought it was ok...but I don't think we're too keen on orange flavored desserts just in general...

Substitutions

Almond milk for the milk...
Vegan Egg for the egg yolk
Aqua Faba for the egg white

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 617

No comments:

Post a Comment