I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Vegan Crème Plombières au Chocolat

[Chocolate Cream]

...I thought it was funny that the English title of this recipe was different from the others...
...y'all probably guessed what I was making when you saw me making the silken tofu again...
...then you just take some baking chocolate...
...add some rum...and vanilla...
...and melt it...
...then just mix it into the silken tofu that we're subbing for the cream...
...it kind of seized up a little bit...
...but once you add the whipped aqua faba...
...it becomes nice and light and fluffy...
...breaking with tradition a little bit here...instead of spongecake...I'm using graham crackers...it just sounded good to me...
...just spoon the chocolate cream over the crackers or cake...
...and top with some grated chocolate...
...so pretty...
...and creamy and delicious...and a lot like the tofu pie...especially because of the graham crackers I think...

Substitutions:

aqua faba for the egg whites...
silken tofu for the custard...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 595)

1 comment: