I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Vegan Crème Plombières aux Fruits

[Vegan Plombières with Fruit]

...I've made the master recipe for VEGAN CRÈME PLOMBIÈRES PRALINÉES...but I used an actual vegan custard...

...this time...I'm using the silken tofu that I made over at Affectioknit for the custard...
...so first you cut up some fresh strawberries and sprinkle them with "instant sugar"...it's apparently a finely ground sugar...so I just groung up some sugar in my coffee grinder...you don't want to use powdered sugar because it often has anti-caking agents added to it...
...I added some vanilla to my freshly made silken tofu...and then stirred in the fruit...
...and folded in the vegan egg whites...whipped aqua faba...and then layered it over the vegan spongecake...
...decorated with a bit of strawberry...
...look at that fluffy creaminess...
...delicious with the soggy cake on the bottom...

...I'm definitely using silken tofu for the custard the next time I make Plombières...there are a couple more versions...

Substitutions:

aqua faba for the egg whites...
silken tofu for the custard...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 595 - 596)

1 comment: