I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

VEGAN CRÊPES SOUFFLÉES

[Raised Batter - for stuffed crêpes]

...the second recipe for the VEGAN GÂTEAU DE CRÊPES À LA NORMANDE

...Julia says that the beaten aquafaba 'makes the crêpes puff slightly'...
...and aquafaba's whip-ability never ceases to amaze me...
...just aquafaba (homemade liquid from cooking chickpeas)...whipped for a few minutes...
...until stiff peaks form...
...fold that into your VEGAN CRÊPES FINES SUCRÉES

...and that's it...

Substitutions:

Aqua Faba for the egg whites

Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 650

No comments:

Post a Comment