I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Vegan Rouille

[Garlic, Pimiento, and Chili Pepper Sauce]

This 'strong' sauce is passed separately with the Vegan Soupe de Poisson...
...boil some red bell pepper for several minutes in salted water...
...drain and add the potato that we cooked in the soup...

...Julia says to pound in a mortar until very smooth...but I used our new stick blender that we got for Christmas...
...drizzle in the olive oil...drop by drop like you're making mayonnaise...
...it really did have the consistency of a thick glossy mayonnaise...

Substitutions:

none...another vegan recipe...YAY!

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking
p. 52

1 comment: