I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Vegan Marinade, for Vegan Filet of Beef

...this is one of Julia's English titled variation recipes...and the recipe itself is already vegan...and I used Tracy's Filet recipe to make the vegan Filets...
...so you start with some alcohol...white wine, Madeira, and cognac...I only had wine and cognac so that's what I used...and you add some salt...
...and peppercorns...
...and some herbs...thyme, basil and parsley...and finally some onions...and you're also supposed to add truffles...but I just can't seem to make myself like them...so I didn't add any truffles...
...then added my vegan filets...
...and covered with plastic wrap...Julia says to marinate for 6 hours or overnight...and I'll be using these filets to make Tournedos Rossini...Julia says "tournedos Rossini takes the filet steak about as far as it can go"...so that should be exciting...

Substitutions:
...none...just make sure your wine is vegan...

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 306

2 comments:

  1. Is any wine NOT vegan???? Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm. Looks good. I'll have to try Tracy's recipe, too. Huzzah for never ending new seitan recipes to try!!! Yay vegan cookery!

    ReplyDelete