I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Vegan Petits Savarins

...Julia gives a description and picture of the two savarin pans...
...and I had gotten one of each when we lived in North Dakota...
...so...first you'll need to make the Vegan Savarin recipe...which is actually the VEGAN PÂTE À BABA ET BABAS recipe...
...so...I just baked that in the small savarin pan...
...and that was it for this recipe...Julia says to glaze the savarin with apricot glaze...

...but we went one step further and did the Glaçage à l'Abricot

Substitutions

subs from the VEGAN PÂTE À BABA ET BABAS
Earth Balance for Butter
Flax Seed Goo for Eggs

...recipe here Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 665)

No comments:

Post a Comment