I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Vegan Clafouti aux Pommes

[Vegan Apple Flan]

...this is pretty much like all of the other Clafoutis...just with a different fruit...so this is the link to (I think) the first one I did...the Vegan Clafouti aux Mûres
...Julia says you can use 'cooking...or crisp eating' apples...and we had these delicious Galas...so I used them...
...you peel...core...and slice the apples...
...and you'll need some rum...I had this one in the cupboard...so that's what I used...I think the 'spiced' description will be fine as these apples have some spices...
...you sauté the apples in some vegan butter...
...until very lightly brown...
...then you add the rum...
...sugar...and spices...and let that sit for 1/2 hour or so...
...and then you use that liquid to replace some of the liquid in the mater recipe...
...arrange your sautéed apples and pour over the clafouti mixture...
...and baked until puffed and browned...

...this recipe was so easy...and we love clafouti here...this flavor combination was perfect for fall too...

Substitutions:

Almond Milk for milk
Earth Balance for Butter
Flax Seed Goo for Eggs


...recipe here...Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 657)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's so nice and easy. Loved that you have The Kracken! Looks beautiful! Love, K

    ReplyDelete