I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

VEGAN FONDS DE CUISINE SIMPLE

[Simple Vegan Meat Stock]

...if you speak French...you probably know that the word fond means foundation...because a stock is the most basic element (or foundation) of a lot of recipes...

...and the word 'simple' is the same in both languages...haha...

...Julia has a two page introduction to the making of stock...and says that this one is a 'general formula'

...I started with some G. Washington broth...and I thought this was an interesting article about that...
...and I didn't add any salt...because the broth packet is salty enough...and I put my garlic, bay leaf, parsley and thyme in my tea ball instead of cheesecloth...
...and then just add everything to the pot...and Julia instructs NOT to let it boil...
...so just simmered 'until your taste convinces you that you have simmered the most out of your ingredients'
...strain into a jar and store in fridge or freeze...

Substitutions

Just the G. Washington broth substitute for all the bones and meat...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 107 - 109)

1 comment:

  1. Looks tasty - I'm still using the veggie broth mix that Eddie gave me. Pretty salty though. Love, K

    ReplyDelete