I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Vegan Sauce Choron

[Tomato Flavored Béarnaise]

...remember a few weeks ago...when I mistakenly made Vegan Sauce Aurore...Again...when I meant to make this creamy tomato sauce instead...

...well...I thought I'd revisit that and actually make the Vegan Sauce Choron this time...
...so...you'll need to make the Vegan Sauce Béarnaise first...of course...as that's the base for this sauce...
...and then you add a few tablespoons of tomato paste to it...
...and you get this lovely creamy pink sauce...
...it was delicious... Substitutions:

for the egg yolks in the base sauce...a combination of silken tofu, nutritional yeast and kala namak...thickened with a little bit of flour
Earth Balance for the butter...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 85)

2 comments: