I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Vegan Sauce Colbert

[Vegan Béarnaise with Vegan Meat Glaze]

...this is a single sentence recipe...you just stir the vegan meat glaze into the Vegan Sauce Béarnaise...
...so...of course you have to first make the Vegan Sauce Béarnaise
...and then you have to also make the Vegan Glace de Viande...
...and then combine those two things...and you'll have Vegan Sauce Colbert...
...and stir that together well...
...oh...you were supposed to melt the vegan meat glaze in a Tablespoon of white wine...but I just added it to the sauce...
...and then I initially thought I'd add some of these vegan meatballs...but when I opened the package...I thought that the seasonings of the meatballs did really 'go with' the Béarnaise flavors...
...so I got out these beefless tips instead...
...and served over noodles...it was very reminiscent of stroganoff...but not quite that 'sour' tasting...it was delicious...

Substitutions:

...subs for the Vegan Sauce Béarnaise...
...and subs for the Vegan Meat Glaze...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 85)

2 comments: