I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Friday, August 9, 2013

Vegan Court Bouillon

[The Aromatic Broth]

...This recipe goes with the Master Recipe for LEGUMES À LA GRECQUE...

...Julia says that vegetables à la Grecque are a 'refreshing idea for any time of the year'...

...I put my herbs in a tea ball instead of cheesecloth...there's parsley, fennel, thyme, peppercorns, and coriander seeds in there...
...then add some olive oil, lemon juice, salt, shallots and celery stalk with leaves...
...then you just place all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes...easy...peasy...

...after the vegetables have simmered in this bouillon...you boil it down to make a sauce...

Substitutions: None...

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

pp. 536-537

No comments:

Post a Comment