I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Thursday, August 29, 2013

VEGAN SALADE DE MOULES

[Mussels Marinated in Oil and Herbs]

...this is a lovely cool dish...perfect as a salad or as an hors d'oeuvre...

...you'll need the Mussels from the VEGAN MOULES À LA MARINIÈRE - I
...then you just make a marinade of olive oil, vermouth, lemon juice, and shallots or green onions...but I used chives, 'cause that's what I had on hand...and some parsley and pepper...
...then you marinate your vegan mussels for half and hour...
...we served ours on a bed of lettuce and they were delicious...
...then we used Julia's suggestion of adding mayonnaise...we used Vegenaise...
...just stir a half cup of Vegenaise into the drained vegan mussels...
...and we served ours on Vegan Canapés - Croutons...
...and they were quite delicious this way as well...

Substitutions: Vegan Mussels for the mussels - recipe here - VEGAN MOULES À LA MARINIÈRE - I
Vegenaise for the mayonnaise
and the substitutions for the Vegan Canapés - Croutons

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 229

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! Before going veg/vegan, I never had a muscle. I couldn't handle the smell of them when my Mom made them. However, I'd love to try the vegan version (without the vital wheat gluten, of course!). I am impressed how you are able to recreate something like this! :-)

    ReplyDelete