I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Vegan Concombres à la Mornay

[Cucumbers with Cheese Sauce]

...I got another big bag of cucumbers from a nice lady at Church...and - as I had already made all the pickles we'll be likely to eat this winter - I looked for another one of Julia's cooked cucumber recipes...

...I know I said I'd be glad when all of the cooked cucumber recipes were done - but they do kinda grow on you...

...this is really just a combination of two other recipes - so first you have to make the Sauce Mornay - and pour that over your CONCOMBRES AU BEURRE ...

...run that under the broiler for a few minutes - until bubbly and slightly browned...

...and enjoy using up some more of summer's bounty...

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 501

No comments:

Post a Comment