I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Monday, February 22, 2010

VEGAN RISOTTO, PILAF, PILAU

[Rissotto - Braised Rice]
...measure out your rice - I used an arborio rice - Julia says one cup rice to 2 cups water (or stock)...
...saute in a pan with some vegan butter - this cooks the rice flour on the grains and prevents sticking...
...I used vegan chicken bouillon for this recipe...
...just stir in your stock...
...transfer to a casserole - I must admit that this is the first time I've ever cooked rice in the oven - set on the lower third and the boil should be regulated so that the liquid is absorbed within 14-15 minutes...
...Do not touch the rice! - then after that amount of time check by pulling away the rice with the fork to make sure all of the liquid has been absorbed...

...and your Risotto is done...

RISOTTO, PILAF, PILAU - recipe link!

Substitutions:
Earth Balance for butter
Vegan Chicken Bouillon for the Chicken broth

No comments:

Post a Comment