I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 551/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Vegan Escalopes de Veau à l'Estragon

[Vegan Sauteed Veal Scallops with Brown Tarragon Sauce]

...Julia doesn't say anything about this recipe except what starch to serve it with ...rice, pasta or potatoes and green peas and bordeaux wine...
...you start by sautéing your vegan veal cutlets...I'm using marinated tofu...
...then you remove those to a dish...
...and sauté some green onions or shallots...
...then add some white wine...
...and tarragon...
...then some vegan beef stock or bouillon...
...and thicken it with an arrowroot powder slurry...
...and spoon the sauce over the cutlets....
...and we served it with pasta and peas as suggested...
...this was a really simple and quick to make dinner...the tarragon flavor was a bit strong for my taste though...still pretty good though...

Substitutions

Earth Balance for butter
Tofu for the Vegan Veal
Vegan beef flavored broth


Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 367-368)

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I don't even have tarragon in my pantry....looks like a nice simple meal. Love, K

    ReplyDelete