I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Vegan Ris de Veau à la Crème/Vegan Ris de Veau à la Maréchale

[Vegan Creamed Sweetbreads]

...this is just a variation on the VEGAN RIS DE VEAU BRAISÉS that I did a couple of weeks ago...
...so I just braised some of the vegan sweetbreads...I had made several...
...and added some of the braising liquid into the vegan cream sauce...just a roux...flour and butter and vegan cashew cream...
...and poured that over the vegan sweetbreads...
...and served with peas and french bread...and Vegan Concombres à la Grecque
...anything covered with vegan cream sauce is pretty delicious...these were too...

Substitutions

Seitan for the sweetbreads
vegan cashew cream for the cream...
vegan butter for the butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 412...

No comments:

Post a Comment