I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Vegan L'Omelette Au Fromage

[Omelette with Cheese]

...Scout has a friend staying for the weekend and of course I'm that weird Mom who fixes all that weird food...but after Church we had our regular brunch for lunch with omelettes - that's not too weird is it? - everyone has heard of omelettes - right...

...I even made the most innocuous of omelettes - the Cheese Omelette...

...just the regular Omelette batter and process...

...then after the 'eggs' have set - sprinkle with a couple of spoonfuls of cheese - Julia suggests Swiss or Parmesan - I used Daiya Mozarella - dot with butter and run under the broiler...

...we also had a fancy orange dessert - I'll post about it in a little bit...

Substitutions:
Earth Balance for Butter
Vegan Omelette mixture for eggs
Daiya Mozarella for cheese


Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

pp. 135-136

3 comments:

  1. I'm the mom who makes the weird food too. I'm always nervous when I am making food for my kids' friends and want to make something they like. Did he like it? I've wanted to make your omelette...is the tahini super noticeable? I like hummus, but don't love tahini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tami,

    The tahini is not super noticeable and I think you could probably just leave it out if you wanted to...

    ~Affectioknit-ly,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete