I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Monday, April 5, 2010

Vegan Pâte Brisée Sucrée

[Vegan Sweet Short Paste]


Place flour sugar and salt in a bowl...

...and blend in (LOTS of) vegan butter...

...There's a little bit of vegetable shortening in there too...

...then start the fraisage or final blending...

...this was so foreign to me - as a good Southern Girl - I was taught that the less you handle a pie crust (or biscuit dough) the flakier it would be...

...but I persevered with the fraisage and got a smooth dough...

...wrapped it in plastic and popped it into the freezer for an hour (you can also refrigerate it overnight if you wish - but we needed it this afternoon)...

...then roll it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment