I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Monday, April 26, 2010

VEGAN RIZ À L'INDIENNE - RIZ À LA VAPEUR

[Steamed Rice]

I was surprised that Julia's method for making rice was pretty much exactly like mine...

...measure your water...

...measure your rice - the ratio is two to one...

...add some salt...

...bring to a boil and give it one good stir - then reduce heat to a simmer...

...set a timer for 12 minutes...

...fork up a few grains - it should be al dente - remove from heat and replace cover to let the rice finish cooking...

...that's it and it's perfect every time...

No comments:

Post a Comment