I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 543/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Vegan Soupe aux Moules

[Vegan Mussel Soup]

Julia says "The very same recipe may also be turned into a mussel soup."

...so we just took the leftover Vegan Pilaf de Moules...and added some almond milk...Julia uses cream...of course...
...and made a delicious soup...I wish I had the little oyster crackers because they'd be perfect for this soup...
...and it makes a very good chowder-y kind of soup...

Substitutions

Vegan mussels...I used mushrooms...but you could use seitan or tofu too...
almond milk for the Cream...
Vegan egg replace for the eggs...
Vegan Margarine for Butter - I used Earth Balance...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 231)

1 comment: