I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 543/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Vegan Pilaf de Moules

[Vegan Sauced Mussels in a Rice Ring]

...so this is exactly the same recipe as this one...VEGAN MOULES EN SAUCE MOUCLADES/MOULES À LA POULETTE/MOULES À LA BÉARNAISE...just served in a rice ring instead of in little shells...and that one was really good so I'm going to follow that same method again...
...so the first thing I did was to make some rice...I used a medium grain so that it would stick together like sushi rice and make a nice ring that wouldn't 'leak'...
...then I sautéed the mushrooms for a bit and then added some wakame...
...and made the cream sauce...it does have a slight greenish tinge from the seaweed...
...pressed the rice into a nice ring...
...and added the sauced vegan mussels to the center...
...we had it with baked tofu and spinach...and it was pretty good...

Substitutions

Vegan mussels...I used mushrooms...but you could use seitan or tofu too...
almond milk for the Cream...
Vegan egg replace for the eggs...
Vegan Margarine for Butter - I used Earth Balance...

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 231)

No comments:

Post a Comment