I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Vegan Timbale de Crêpes

[Vegan Molded French Pancakes with Various Fillings]

...Julia gives specific instructions about the mold for this timbale...about 3 1/2 inches high and 6 1/4 inches in diameter...so I got out my medium sized French White corningware dish...
...then you need to make some Crêpes

...we're filling this timbale with VEGAN FONDUE DE CRUSTACÉS...so you'll need to hop over to that recipe and make it as well...but you can fill this with anything you like really...
...Julia says if your crêpes are large to cut them in half...
...so I did...I also did not use 10 crêpes as I didn't want that thick of a layer of 'crust'...
...then you just scoop in your filling...
...and bake...
...invert and turn it out onto a plate...
...ooops...mine fell apart a little bit...
...I could have left it in the dish and served it like a pot pie...that's what the Man called it anyway...
...we had peas, rice, sweet potato, and Griddler-ed okra with our Timbale...
...it was really good and really a lot like a pot pie...the edges of the crêpes get nice and crispy...

Substitutions:

...so you'll need the Subs from the VEGAN PÂTE À CRÊPES...
Flax Seed Goo for the eggs
Earth Balance for Butter
Almond Milk for the milk


recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 195...

1 comment: