I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

VEGAN PÂTE À CRÊPES

[Vegan Crêpe Batter]

This was a lot easier than I thought it would be...


...just put all of the ingredients into the blender...I used flax seed goo for the eggs - almond milk for the milk and Earth Balance for the butter...

...blend that up - scraping down the sides to make sure all the flour is incorporated...

...it should just coat a spoon...refrigerate it for a couple of hours - so make it before Church if you're using it for brunch...or make it the night before...

...Julia says that the first crepe is always a trial one to test the consistency of the batter and the heat of your pan...so I wasn't too upset when I tore the first one...

...but I was more careful and the rest were perfect...

...I remember fondly the upside down crepe pan that my brother gave my Mom for Christmas one year - and the crepes we made on the stove with it sure were fun...

Substitutions:
Flax Seed Goo for the eggs
Earth Balance for Butter
Almond Milk for the milk

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking pp. 191-193

1 comment: