I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Vegan Quiche au Camembert

[Vegan Camembert Cheese Quiche]

...Julia says this about this variation on the VEGAN QUICHE AU ROQUEFORT..."Instead of Roquefort cheese, use the same amount of Camembert, Brie, or Liederkranz, but remove the outside crust of the cheese. Or use a mixture of all or some of these, including Roquefort cheese, if you have leftovers."

...so...that's exactly what I'm going to do...use the leftover Vegan Camembert from last week's biscuits...Vegan Gallettes au Camembert...
...I'm doing a crustless quiche this time...so I'm just greasing the quiche plate with some Country Crock Plant Based...
...and I used Lovin' It Vegan's Quiche recipe again...so just whizzed that up in my trusty (repaired) Emmie...
...and I'm still going to have leftover Vegan Camembert...but that's ok...of course...
...I had mixed the Vegan Cream Cheese into the Vegan egg mixture...but I just sprinkled chunks of the Vegan Camembert over the quiche...
...just out of the oven...it smells delicious...
...and you can see that it forms a little bit of a 'crust'...
...served with broccoli and some of that corn we put up last summer...
...this quiche is delicious...

Substitutions

Lovin' It Vegan's Quiche recipe...
VioLife cream cheese
Vegan Camembert
Country Crock Plant Based Almond for the butter

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 148)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, boy! That sounds and looks GREAT. I never liked egg quiches, but I sure enjoy vegan ones. We've never put cream cheese into one...I'm making a mental note. :)

    We just ate some of our preserved corn, too. Yum. Tastes like late summer. We made a lentil loaf and ate that with corn and mashed potatoes and gravy.

    ReplyDelete