I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Vegan Sauce Rémoulade

[Vegan Mayonnaise with Anchovies, Capers, Pickles and Herbs]

...Julia says this sauce is just the Vegan Sauce Tartare with the addition of some anchovy paste...
...so I just subbed some Nori granules for that...and made some Vegan Mayonnaise...
...and then you just mix everything together...
...it's a nice thick sauce...and I'm sure you could use it just like we did the Vegan Sauce Tartare on some vegan fish...or just on tofu since this will already have that sea-flavor...
...but I defrosted a couple of cups of garbanzo beans...
...and made a quick vegan tuna salad...it was a perfect sauce for that...

Substitutions: Vegan egg yolks for the egg
Nori granules for the anchovy paste

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (p. 91)

No comments:

Post a Comment