I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Vegan Canard Braisé avec Choucroute, à la Badoise

[Vegan Duck Braised in Sauerkraut]

...this is exactly the same recipe as the Vegan Canard Braisé aux Choux Rouge...just with sauerkraut instead of red cabbage...

...I used my homemade sauerkraut...and I used the last can of Companion Vegan Duck from my cupboard...
...it turned out just like I expected...it just takes a long time...but it's pretty hands-off...just time...
...we had our duck and sauerkraut with some potatoes and frozen peas...
...it was a nice dinner...

Substitutions:

...Vegan Duck...(you could sub, baked tofu or seitan instead if you wanted - the duck might be hard to find....I used Companion brand vegan duck and I got it at an Asian grocery)...
Vegan butter - I used Earth Balance.

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 280 - 281)

1 comment:

  1. Looks very "ducky"! I think I'd like it better with the sauerkraut - I like things to have strong flavors.

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete