I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Vegan Hollandaise Sauce made in the Electric Blender

...this is interesting because most kitchens in 1964 did not have electric blenders...but Julia embraces new things in her kitchen and makes Hollandaise in the blender...

...she says if your sauce refuses to thicken to take it out and pour it back into the blender in a thin stream...
...so the first thing I did was make some vegan egg yolks...I used It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken's Toast Dipping Sauce...I've made it before and it's really good...and it worked perfectly in this recipe...
...then you melt some vegan butter...I used Earth Balance...
...you pour that in a thin stream into the 'whizzing' machine...
...and it thickens right up...
...for serving...I poured it back into the little jug that I used to melt the butter...
...and you can see how thick and creamy it is being poured over the steamed asparagus...
...so delicious...and easy...

Substitutions:

Vegan butter for the butter...
...and vegan egg yolks for the eggs...I used It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken's Toast Dipping Sauce

Mastering the Art of French Cooking (pp. 81-82)

No comments:

Post a Comment