I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Vegan Clafouti aux Pruneaux

[Plum Flan]

...I made another clafouti...it's one of our favorite desserts...they always turn out well...they're pretty...and they taste good warm or cold...
...and since the Man's favorite fruit is the plum...I really should have made this version first...
...and I decided to make...and serve it in the Man's Mamaw's old old old cast iron skillet...I like it...it's rustic and pretty...
...I added one tofu egg to the mix this time...and I think the texture is better...so I'm going to continue to do that in the future...
...I didn't have kirsh, cognac, or orange liqueur...so I mascerated our plums in brandy...and then added them to the batter...
...ready for the oven...
...just out of the oven...
...served warm...
...see that perfect texture...the last one I made was a little too pancake-y...this one is much better...nice and custard-y...
...a sprinkle of powdered sugar...
...so pretty...
...and delicious...

Substitutions:
1/5 of a block of tofu for one of the eggs...
EnerG Egg Replacer for two of the eggs...
Earth Balance for the butter
Almond milk for the milk


Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 657

No comments:

Post a Comment