I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Vegan Riz Duxelles

Buttered Rice with Mushrooms
...just about the perfect side dish...we served this with some marinated baked tofu for our Vegan Easter Feast...
...first of all you'll need to make a pot of RIZ À L'INDIENNE - RIZ À LA VAPEUR
...then sauté some mushrooms and onions in some butter and oil until lightly browned...
...fluff with a fork to mix the hot rice into the mushrooms and onions...
...Julia says to add more butter (of course) and parsley...
...this is such a delicious side dish...
...I can't really think of any meal this wouldn't go with...it was delicious...I could have eaten the entire bowl full myself...

Substitutions: Earth Balance for Butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking
p. 531

No comments:

Post a Comment