I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

VEGAN JUS LIÉ

...Julia says that this sauce is 'a most useful alternative' to the long simmered sauces...as it only takes about 5 minutes to make...
...and as I needed a brown sauce for my MOUSSAKA...I thought I'd take the easy one this time...
...just mix some cornstarch into the cold broth...I used Washington's Brown Seasoning and Broth for the stock...
...then simmer for 5 minutes until the broth thickens...

Substitutions:

Washington's Brown Seasoning and Broth for the stock

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking
pp. 70-71

No comments:

Post a Comment