I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vegan Sauce Moutarde à la Normande

[Vegan Mustard Sauce with Cream]


I made another VEGAN RÔTI DE PORC POÊLÉ for Easter lunch...everyone loves it...and I made a nice Sauce Moutarde to go with it...so delicious...


...first crush some peppercorns...I used Tellicherry...

...add those to some vinegar...

...mix some dry mustard with water...

...and add that to the pot...

...I used my trusty combo of soymilk (homemade) mixed with powdered soymilk for the creamer...

...add that to the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes...until lightly thickened...

...it should coat a spoon - but it won't be thick like a gravy...

...off heat - swirl in some Earth Balance by bits...

...pour into a warmed gravy boat...

...and serve...

...this was so good...creamy and tangy...perfect with the roast...


Substitutions:
Soymilk mixed with powdered soymilk for the cream
Earth Balance for Butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking

p. 382

No comments:

Post a Comment