I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Vegan Clafouti à la Bourdaloue

[Vegan Cherry or Pear Flan with Almonds]

...I've made all of the other variations of Clafouti...and I didn't even realize that I'd missed this last one...I do love clafouti...and it's not something you ever hear of here in the States...

...Julia says you can also do this almond version with the Pear Clafouti...that one was definitely a favorite...so pretty...
...it's a really simple dessert...I buttered the dish with vegan butter...
...I blanched some almonds and peeled them...You can see how I do that here...
...and put those and the rest of the ingredients into the Vitamix...Julia says to use 1 tsp. of almond extract...but unless you really...really love almond I wouldn't...it's such a strong flavor...maybe Julia's wasn't as strong as mine...I only used about 1/4 teaspoon...
...arranged your cherries in your buttered dish...I'm using frozen ones that I've thawed...the grocery store had no fresh cherries at all...
...I thought I'd taken a photo of me pouring the batter over the cherries...but I guess I missed it...I sprinkled the baked clafouti with powdered sugar...
...and served it with tea...
...it was delicious...I really do love clafouti...

Substitutions:

Earth Balance for Butter
Almond Milk for milk
Flax Seed Goo for Eggs

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking pp.656-657

1 comment:

  1. I've just never been a big fan of flan....I guess I'm more of a cookie/cake fan. Looks pleasant though. Love, K

    ReplyDelete