I'm always veganizing recipes that I love...so...I'm working my way
through all of the amazing recipes in Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking...
...making a Vegan Version of each one...... sometimes successfully - sometimes not...Recipe Count 518/524 (from Julie's count)...but really 629

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Vegan Ris de Veau au Gratin

[Vegan Sweetbreads au Gratin]

...Julia just says to use the ingredients for the braised sweetbreads on page 409 and any of the preceding sauces...and pretty much anything "au gratin" is going to be good...
...so with the seitan vegan sweetbreads already made...I just made a cream sauce...
...and put everything into a gratin dish and topped with vegan cheese...
...served with rice and Griddler-ed broccoli...I think I mentioned before that Julia said rice was the proper accompaniment...
...lightly browned on top...
...and really creamy and delicious...

Substitutions

Seitan for the sweetbreads
vegan cashew cream for the cream...
vegan butter for the butter

Recipe here: Mastering the Art of French Cooking p. 413

No comments:

Post a Comment